Monday 5 November 2007

Silver Frames

I have used Photoshop for a long time as a photographer, and used to think I was quite an advanced user - that was before I discovered DigiScrapping. Now I'm finding a whole new set of tools that I never even realised existed - and have opened my eyes to brushes, patterns, custom shapes and layer styles. I feel like a kid with a new toy!! The great thing is, just as in the digi scrapping world, there are many, many freebies out there to help with Photoshop designing. Tutorials abound and there are some wonderful sites offering free brushes and layer styles. You'll see I've started a Top Ten Design Resources Sites list - not quite got to ten yet, but if you know of any others worth adding, please do let me know.

With my last freebie, I included a little silver frame. I so much enjoyed making it, that I've made a whole freebie set of silver frames today. There are four frames included and a background paper to show them off.

I've now realised that I shouldn't be including drop shadows in my designs. If you are new to digiscrapping, please do remember to add these in though to suit you layout. The elements do look so much better with some shadowing included, but by doing it this way, you get to choose the depth of shadow and what colour the shadow will be (a darker shade of your background paper is usually better than the standard black).

You can download the kit here.


Please leave some comments if you download. Half the fun is getting some feedback!

10 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

These look awesome. Can't wait to try them on some Christmas LO's. thanks for sharing!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for these lovely frames & the Lilac tree & I live on Lilac Lane!!! LOL

Christine said...

Thank you for these lovely frames and thanks for the tip about drop shadows (from someone who is still very new to digiscrapping).

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I especially like the Christmas tree one!

Dinsfamily said...

Thanks, these frames are GREAT!

Laura in CT said...

These look great--thank you!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! Thank you for these wonderful frames!

leodragon said...

Hello. I'm teaching myself digiscrapping using photoshop. I used your silver frames for two of my practice projects. I'd like to show you what I did with my friends' daughters' pictures and your frames. How do I send the photos to you?

Susan said...

Hi Ethel I'd love to see how you have used the frames. Click on the little envelope beside the comments and this will show you my email address.
Susan - sfscraps